The ketogenic diet is special and super efficient because it actually changes the fuel source that your body uses to stay energized. Rather than using glucose for energy, the keto diet causes your body to burn fat for fuel via the certain of energizing molecules known as ketone bodies.
In order to generate those ketone bodies, you need to get approximately 70-80 percent or more of your daily calories from fat sources. Hence the importance of high-fat, keto-friendly foods, like olive oil or coconut, eggs, grass-fed butter and fattier cuts of fish or meat.
Studies performed over the past several decades have presented that the keto diet can help fight high blood sugar, high triglycerides, high blood pressure, thus, promoting steady weight loss, a rise in energy, hormonal balance, and cognitive health and a reduction in the danger for chronic diseases.
Does The Keto Diet Work?
The keto diet is famous with celebs like Singer Rihanna, Mega Fox, and Victoria Secret model Adriana Lima. And Kim Kardashian has spoken out about relying on an equal plan to shift her extra weight, after giving birth.
In 2017, a study found that Ketogenic burned 10 times more fat than a standard diet, even without workout.
>>>RELATED: What To Eat On The Keto Diet
Keto Meal Easy Plan
Below is an example of a seven-day keto meal plan.
- Breakfast: Sauteed greens cooked in coconut oil, poached eggs
- Dinner: Baked salmon with a nut crust served with baked cauliflower
- Lunch: Grilled chicken served with a seasonal salad
- Breakfast: Smoked salmon offer with smashed avocado and leafy greens
- Lunch: Low carb beef salad served with dressing tamari
- Dinner: Butter chicken with rice cauliflower
- Breakfast: Spinach cooked in coconut oil and Omelette served with mushrooms
- Lunch: Line caught tuna served with tomato salad
- Dinner: Crispy skilled salmon dish up with noodle Zucchini pesto
- Breakfast: Mountain Coffee, MCT oil
- Lunch: Naked burger with raw kale slaw
- Dinner: Slow cooked beef with rainbow slaw
- Breakfast: Bacon fritters and Zucchini cooked with ghee or butter
- Lunch: Mexican chicken lettuce cover with avocado
- Dinner: Middle Eastern chicken rissoles
- Breakfast: Sautéed greens, buttered mushrooms, and crispy bacon
- Lunch: Roast chicken breast served with seasonal greens and avocado.
- Dinner: Grass-fed sirloin steak with steamed greens
- Breakfast: Veggie medley – tomato, zucchini, capsicum, seasonal herbs sautéed in coconut oil served with eggs
- Lunch: Salmon salad and Zucchini noodle with avocado dressing
- Dinner: Lamb Kofta with seasonal greens
Making a sustainable meal plan can be the key to a successful keto diet. It provides you a simple-to-follow roadmap, which means no more stress, no more final-minute panic over what to eat and no more accidentally going over your regular carb limits.
It makes it simple for you to prepare a fit keto-friendly dish for every meal of the day, without spending lots of time thinking about it.
And with your diet taken care of, you will have more energy and time to look after your health in other ways (like meditating and exercising), explore your passions, and spend time with your dear ones.